Thursday, July 3, 2014

First Pair

Welcome,

First off, I'm honored that you would take a few minutes out of your day to read a (hopefully) short post by a regular person. Since this is my first entry of this window to my life, I feel like this is a great time to get to share a small amount about myself as well as get some insight into why I named this "Sneakers and a Savior." 

My name is Nathan and I am a normal college student. I play basketball. I work. I go to school. I enjoy my family and friends. I have many passions. I love getting to know people. I can be very sarcastic (you'll probably notice that in my posts). I love music, hip hop in particular. I have a love of shoes. But, you can wipe all of that away and just know this about me: Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. If you only know that about me, that means I'm letting Him live through me. My goal in my life is to not have to say anything for people to know that He is my Savior. Obviously I realize I just did the opposite of my last sentence by telling you that I am a Christian, but it is hard for a person to see that through a page on the internet. My posts in here will be driven by my love of Jesus and my want and need to follow His will for my life. 

Now that you have a little information about myself, I want to get on to why I named this page "Sneakers and a Savior." One thing that I have a passion for is a nice pair of sneakers. Whether a pair of Nike Huaraches, Jordan 11's, or Asics Gel-Lyte III's, I have an appreciation for shoes. When I was younger, I could look at an Eastbay magazine and tell my friends the name, price, and weight of a shoe. Now, my passion has matured into being more of a collector. I love the technology behind a shoe. I love the designs. I love seeing the inspirations behind why a player chose a specific colorway. I love seeing into a small window of a player or designer's life as I look at the motivation, design, colors, and details of a shoe. And while many people don't understand sneakerheads, nor care about why I like shoes, I wanted this to be something that I enjoy and like. Many entries will have a shoe theme or some sort of tie in with kicks. 

The name of this post is "First Pair." Sneakerheads can point back to one shoe that got them hooked on shoes, something that started the passion. For me, it was a pair of Jordans - Concord 11's to be exact. I remember seeing one of the accounts I follow on Twitter (another thing I use frequently) tweet a picture of them and I immediately was addicted. Ever since then, I have loved learning about shoes. My goal for this post is to be a seed for you towards an even better passion, a better way to spend your time - Jesus. I hope that you can point back to something in your life, like sneaker collectors can, that got you introduced to the One that saves. 

Well, if you've stuck it out through all this, I figure you're getting close to hitting that "x" up top so I'll wrap it up. I do want to extend this invitation: if you have any questions, need someone to talk to, need prayer, or anything else, feel free to hit me up. DM me on Twitter, send me a message on Instagram, comment on this page. I honestly mean that. I want to be beneficial in your life and if there is any way I can help, I want to. I appreciate you taking time to read this. 

Mahal,

Nathan

Twitter: @Nathan_A_Jones
Instagram: Nathan_A_Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment